The Hamilton Elementary School was built in 1953 to serve the residents of Hamilton Township, a largely rural area located in the village of Sciota, PA, about nine miles west of Stroudsburg on Business Route 209. Hamilton is one of four K-4 elementary schools in the Stroudsburg Area School District. The school was remodeled in 1961, adding five additional classroom spaces and a multipurpose facility to the building. In the 1995, a $4.5 million expansion doubled the size of Hamilton Elementary adding new art, music and multipurpose rooms as well as eight classrooms. At that time, Hamilton was also made handicapped accessible.